- Preheat the oven to 125 degrees Celsius (no convection)
- Finely grind 80 g pumpkin seeds in a blitz chopper and mix with 200 g coconut flakes.
- Roughly chop 50 g dried cranberries (unsweetened) and 50 g dried goji berries and mix with the pumpkin seed-coconut mixture.
- Beat 4 small egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff, adding 150 g coconut blossom sugar (100 g if you can live with a little less sweetness and want to save some sugar). Stir the finely grated zest of 1 organic lemon into the pumpkin seed and coconut mixture.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg mixture.
- Cover the baking tray with baking paper.
- Use your fingers to form small balls of the mixture and flatten them slightly on the baking sheet. This also works well with the back of a tablespoon repeatedly dipped in a glass of cold water.
- Bake the macaroons in the oven (center rack) for 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Turn off the oven, lean the oven door with a wooden spoon and let the macaroons cool in the oven. Store in a tin can.
The Superpowers of Superfood Goji:
Goji berries (also called wolfberries) are a superfood that’s received a lot of media attention in recent years. Experts consider its natural nutrient package unique as it includes extra vitamin C, E, and iron.
This small orange-red berry is said to make those who enjoy it both healthy AND happy. It’s been considered a miracle fruit in its native China for more than 2,000 years.
In traditional Chinese medicine, Goji berries are used to maintain vitality as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. Did you know they’re called lucky berries in Tibet?!
The secrets of the goji berry include good eyes, a good mood, and a long life. It’s really an anti-aging miracle berry! HOWEVER, don’t overdo it with the amount of this highly effective superfood. Chinese healers use the berries as medicine, and consumption should not exceed 1 tablespoon per day (with some complete pauses from time to time).